Title Insurance Coverage Options

If you are taking out a mortgage on your new home, the lender will require you to purchase a title insurance policy to insure the title to the property. Lender’s policies only cover lender interests. To fully protect your investment, you will want to purchase an Owner’s policy.
There is additional specific coverage, called an endorsement, which can be purchased. 
The following is a list of additional protections provided with endorsements. Due to varying state laws some benefits may not be available to you. Consult with your North American Title representative to discuss the options available to you. 
Enhanced policy options:
  •   Building permit violation coverage
  •   Subdivision Map Act coverage
  •   Location coverage
  •   Restrictive covenant violations coverage
  •   Zoning coverage
  •   Post-policy coverage
  •   Enhanced access coverage
  •   Encroachment coverage
  •   Supplemental taxes
  •   Coverage for structure damage from extraction of minerals, water and other substances
  •   Automatic coverage increases
  •   Living trust coverage
Your North American Title representative has extensive information to help you choose your coverage. Ask our expert staff for the competitive rate options available to you. 
Homeowners insurance

One of the most important decisions you will make during your homebuying journey is selecting the right homeowner’s insurance to protect your investment. Lenders will require you to have proof of coverage in order to close your transaction, so it is important to have this in place before the closing.

Flood Insurance

If your new property is located in a designated Flood Zone, you may be required by your Lender to purchase a flood insurance policy. Talk to your Lender to determine what requirements you must meet in order to have your mortgage approved.